The cardinal window!



Let me start with a note of despair. I'm tired and frustrated. Thought 2020 to be that young and beautiful princess who would adorn my forehead with a feathery kiss. But, 2020 has been a big arrogant fella instead, who has not cared about my feelings. It has done whatever it has liked so far. One hell of a rich spoilt brat it is. I HATE YOU 2020!

January started with an air of uncertainty. February was staggering whether to fall prey to some kind of shit or not. March finally surrendered itself to the respected pandemic. April! Well, was there any April? Ah! Yeah, April was the devotional month. Devotion towards our special guest Mr. Covid-19. But, May has a different taste. It flipped and started worshipping storms. June finally came with relief and July washed those shores. August was all about lingering hope having great festive moods.

Speaking of storms, this is the first time I witnessed the effect of a cyclone so profoundly. Not gonna lie, I was scared as shit every time I saw the grandpa coconut tree trying to knock at my window. Who wouldn't be, right? The people of Thailand did a hardwork in naming it as Amphan, and might as well say that Amphan didn't disappoint anyone. Losses on one side and, worries on the other. This one sentence sums up the whole scenario. The setting has to be 'uncertainty' obviously. Anyways, storms are in love with our state it seems. On 27th May, another mini storm with mini cyclonic effect struck the horizon of my house. And it rained heavily from 27th, throughout the whole day of 28th and then 29th was comparatively drier. To make you a little jali juli jellyfish, I'd like to say that storms are definitely a better situation to be in than heatwaves. Though I genuinely felt sorry for you. I was worried too. So I did what I generally do in such times. I prayed. Yes, for you. For the people I love. And for the whole world. Honestly, this time.

I don't want to end this draft on a note of despair or gloom though. Because I go by the saying "All well that ends well". So, here I will try to note down the positives he has learnt during these tough times. Here it goes-
1) It's really good to stay away or take regular breaks from social media.
2) During tough times, no matter what, the only people you'll be connected to are from your family. So, try connecting with them as much as possible.
3) Never expect. I repeat never put your expectations wholly into something. Not even the immediate future. It will always disappoint you.
4) Hold on. On nights and days, you'll constantly feel like it's better to die. But remember, it's just a conspiracy of life to take you down. You sure don't want to lose against such a bitch, eh?
5) Do whatever satisfies your heart. Whatever I mean. Anything. From wasting a whole goddamn week to working day and night. Absolutely anything.

I will end this with a secret from 3 Idiots, albeit a bit altered, which I haven't shared with anyone. But I am choosing you because I value you. I do this almost every time and this works for me- 'Cry hard, wipe off your tears, take a deep breath, touch your heart with your palm and feel the beats. Whisper so that only you could listen "Everything will be fine, baby". Then take a quick nap. Repeat this again if the blues surround you. A small mantra of how to be temporarily joyful.'

Stay safe and sane. I didn't ask you how you are because it doesn't matter. Surviving these days itself is an adventure. If you reply to this draft, it will mean you're alive. That's enough! So type these beautiful words full of positivity "Good times are coming", so that the aura of negativity get swiped away.



Yours,
The cloud of uncertainty.



PS-: The art is owned by @shiiviarts on Instagram.

Comments

Popular Posts