Déjà vu back in time ?



The year was 2007. The month, November. The day was sunny and it was the first time I travelled alone.

The warmth of sun has brightened the mood, and cheerful kids are playing in the garden. Playing in the sun with friends, isn't it the soothing way to spend winter afternoons? You ought to try if you've never tasted this charm.

[A little playback !

First of all, I ran away from home! It was November 24th Saturday. My parents decided not to celebrate my birthday due to my diminutive regard of discipline. So like a spoiled brat I began my journey to the nearby garden.]

It's been an hour and I've acclimatized not just to the weather but also to the people. One of the kid's parent whom I asked for a seat invited me to play on the slides with other kids. At first hesitation took over but later on I jumped over the liberty and formed my own group. We played games, had sing songs and even had fist fights with girls. Some cried, some laughed and some were charmed. We even talked about Pokémon and Beyblade, the two most famous series of that time. My thoughts were differentiated, I never showed interest in the protagonist. My mind would always end up associating with the most cool yet seriously secluded character in any animé series. And as the discussion went on, the other kids started discriminating. Alone and unable to answer I resigned.

That's the thing about choosing Villain over Hero in a society where Heroes are certainly a Demigod. A lot of folks try putting themselves in bad guy's shoes hoping to stand out but to no avail. Standing out, stepping aside, being the odd one, only comes when you are already connected with yourself. Enlightenment of even the slightest kind comes when you first open the door for yourself to the world. There's a reason why the kids that day went away to let me cry and rot. There's a reason why we all shared a memory of almost 3 hours on that particular day. We babbled about passion and they chose to reject my views, my sole basis of existence. Nobody let me speak my heart out. And that's the bloody secret of my vanished soul.

Acceptance and Trust go hand in hand. When you've acceptance up in your sleeve, you're bound to become Trusted human. But the greatest impact it has on life is it teaches you about other living species and their worth. When you've millions of memories, you come face to face with the gruelling shades and subtleties of life. Regular rejection seems facile and meaningless. And once you discover that voice, the honest voice that's within, the next step is to arm yourself with the necessary ammunitions and amplify that voice. To make that voice worthy of being heard. And here we all have that one immortal teacher known as Experience. The experiences of loneliness whispering seems to stay and give a reason to live, a reason to survive.

Now I suggest you to stop here, don't do mind hopping. This story isn't about narrating a part of my life but rather the story of being accepted. I went home after spending time alone, told everything to my parents and my Pikachu simply hugged me. My Papodi carried me on his shoulder and said only one thing which has been etched in heart, "We Expect, but we don't Accept. We Accept but we don't Expect". The words went all over the places except my head and I started crying more. The lesson was learned after some years. It has been almost 12 years and only a fraction of that memory is left behind.

So this Ganesha Chaturthi, I request you all to Accept the Bad and Embrace the Good. The duo of 'Good and Bad' might interest more investors, than the monopoly of 'Always Good', right ?

Comments

Popular Posts